In addition to general information, you will be asked for the following during the application process:
- Personal statement (should include information about past research, current research interests, etc.)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Unofficial transcript (scanned or other electronic version in PDF format)
- Contact information for references (must submit at least 3 and no more than 4)
- Application fee of $60 for domestic students and $80 for international students
General GRE and Physics Subject GRE exams
Submission of the General GRE test as well as the Physics GRE subject test is not required during the Fall 2022 application process. They are considered optional, which means that students may submit the results if they wish (for instance if the exams have already been taken). Should taking the exams pose a concern or burden, we discourage taking them. The absence of GRE scores will not be detrimental to the evaluation of an application. We take a holistic approach to admission and have other information to assess the match to CU Physics without these test results.
For admission to the University of Colorado at Boulder, TOEFL test results are generally required of non-native English speakers who did not attend university in an English speaking country. See the graduate school page for more information.
During the Fall 2022 application process, however, TOEFL results will not be required as part of the application package. Later on, if you are accepted and decide to attend CU, you will be required to submit a valid TOEFL score. Please have the test results sent to the University of Colorado at Boulder (institution code 4841) no later than July 1, 2022.
- The application deadline is December 15. All materials (including transcripts, letters of recommendation and test scores) need to be received by January 1.