We are delighted that you confirmed your intent to enroll and will be starting at CU Boulder this summer!
Your next steps are:
Your IdentiKey serves as your secure entry point for online services and information you'll need now and later as a CU Boulder student. Activating your IdentiKey will give you immediate access to the scholarship application and the housing application once you confirm your intent to enroll. You will need your IdentiKey for the mandatory Online Experience as well.
Note: It typically takes three to five business days after you activate your IdentiKey before you can access these services.
All CU Boulder faculty, staff and students receive a CU Boulder email account. We will use this account to communicate with you, so please use your IdentiKey to log in and start using it.
Each summer term has a unique registration deadline for summer classes. New undergraduate students may enroll in classes during any summer term, excluding Maymester and Augmester. View the term calendars for more information.
You are able to register for fall classes May 26 - June 12 and again July 6 - August 19.
- Domestic students: To apply for financial aid, including loans and some merit scholarships, you will need to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and add CU Boulder’s School Code: 001370.
- Apply ASAP: The Office of Financial Aid strongly encourages you to complete your FAFSA application at your earliest convenience as some funds are first-come, first-served.
- Correcting your FAFSA application: If you've already completed the FAFSA, but did not list CU Boulder as one of your schools, you can submit a correction by going to the FAFSA website and adding CU Boulder (federal school code 001370).
- International students: International students are not eligible for federal financial aid. For financial aid opportunities available through CU Boulder, please visit our International Financial Aid page.
Donations from private individuals, corporations, foundations and the University of Colorado make up the funding for scholarships provided by CU Boulder. While donors can specify some awarding criteria, the selection of recipients is made by the appropriate college, school or department within CU Boulder.
- Available scholarships: View scholarships offered by CU Boulder at the Office of Financial Aid's Scholarship Services website.
- When to apply: Scholarships for the fall have individual deadlines as early as February. If you apply for scholarships that have a financial need requirement, your FAFSA must be on file by the scholarship deadline
- How to apply: Information on how to apply can be found on the CU Boulder Scholarship Application webpage.
The on-campus housing application opens February 3, 2020. The date that you submit your housing application will determine when you receive notification of room and hall assignments, when you can participate in roommate selection, when you request a pre-arrival room change and several other processes tied to Housing.
If you plan to live off-campus, explore your options through Ralphie’s List.
Your Buff OneCard serves as your campus identification and therefore you must submit your Buff OneCard Photo to have it printed. Depending on your student status and choices, it may also:
- Give you access to your residence hall and room
- Carry your meal plan
- Allow you to pay for laundry and printing
- Allow you to gain entry to the Rec Center and sporting events
Make sure to submit your final transcripts to the Office of Admissions. These must be submitted directly by your high school or previous institution. Transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will have two parts to your orientation experience at CU Boulder.
- The Online Experience: This is your virtual orientation to CU Boulder. You will learn more about advising, registering for fall classes and campus resources. This must be completed before you are able to register for fall classes. The Online Experience will be available in late-February.
- Fall Welcome: This is your in-person orientation that takes placed in August. You will have the opportunity to meet fellow Buffs and to learn more about academics, resources, services and navigating CU Boulder.
You are encouraged to complete placement assessments as soon as possible. Not all assessments may be required for you, so please check with your academic advisor if you have questions about which assessments you will need to complete. Review and complete applicable placement assessments soon.
We want to make sure you have a smooth transition to CU Boulder and are here if you need us! Email email@example.com or call or text 303-492-4431.
If you were admitted for summer, but do not enroll in or attend summer classes, you will not be eligible to register for fall. If would like to attend CU Boulder this fall and will not be taking classes this summer, please defer your admission to fall.