International travel involving students that is CU Boulder-sponsored, CU Boulder-affiliated, related to a CU Boulder activity/program, or accompanied by CU faculty/staff, must be registered with CU Education Abroad prior to departure. CU departments/programs’ funding projects that involve international travel by students are responsible for reporting this information to Education Abroad so that travel registration can be completed. See the CU Boulder Policy on Student International Travel and Programs and the High-Risk Locations page for full details, and consult the links to the right for further information as you plan your international travel.  Education Abroad will provide resources to inform on best practices regarding arrangements for the health, safety, and security of the travelers and university policies and will insure travelers in a comprehensive group major medical/evacuation/repatriation insurance program. There is a fee for these services and for the insurance coverage. 

The exception to this policy is if you are both a CU student and a CU employee (i.e. Graduate Research Assistant, etc.) and you are traveling as part of your CU employment. If you are unsure if this applies to you, connect with your department or CU employees traveling as part of their employment should refer to the CU International Travel website instead.

We recommend starting the registration process 3 months in advance of your departure date; you are required to complete the registration process at least 1 month prior to your departure.

  Registration Description Registration link
Group Registration

If you are completing registration on behalf of a group of CU Boulder students, faculty, and/or staff, use this registration link.

If you are traveling as part of a group that has already begun the registration process, log into your existing registration here.

Register Here
Individual Traveler Registration If you are an individual student, not traveling as part of a CU group, complete this registration.  Register Here
Independent Internship Registration

If you are doing an international internship through Leeds, IAFS, ENVD, HIST, or ENGR complete this registration.

CMCI and Career Services Global Internship students should complete the Individual Traveler Registration above.

Register Here
If you have already begun your registration forms, or are traveling as part of a group that has already begun the registration process, log into your existing registration here.

The registration process will involve submitting info such as:

  • Travel itinerary
  • Emergency plan and contact info
  • Billing information for insurance enrollment
  • Risk acknowledgement waivers

Once you have submitted the registration forms, Education Abroad will enroll your group in health insurance and ISOS's travel alert system, as required by university policy. If you have any questions about the International Travel Registration process, email