What To Bring
We recommend that you purchase renter’s insurance for all of your valuable personal belongings.
Graduate and family apartments do not provide small appliances such as coffee makers and toasters. You may bring your own small appliances to your apartment, but please note that if during an inspection an extension cord, adapter, power strip or circuit break is overloaded, you will be asked to discontinue use of the appliance.
Furnished apartments are equipped with furniture and large kitchen appliances (stove, fridge, etc.) but not other items. Residents will need to bring bed linens, towels, dishware, pots/pans, utensils, etc.
Air conditioners are allowed in the apartments, however, residents are responsible for installing the unit and any damage that may occur as a result of the installation or use of the air conditioner. Please view the AY 2022-23 Graduate and Family Housing Handbook for more information Space heaters are not permitted.
What Not To Bring
- Antennas, Satellite Dishes and Cable
- Bottled Water
- Firearms and Weapons
- Cigarettes, cigars, vapes, and/or other smoking items
What We Provide
All apartments, whether furnished or unfurnished, have the following appliances or fixtures installed:
- Furnace or heating system
- Hot water heater or central boilers
- Light fixtures
- Wireless internet and cable television outlets (Once you arrive, you will need to go to the Comcast store to pick up cable equipment. Residents receive a basic cable package as part of your rental. If your cable connection isn't working, please call Comcast directly at 1-855-307-4896.)
Furnished apartments are rented fully furnished, and items may not be removed from furnished apartments prior to your move-in.
Equipment: Dollies/hand carts are available to assist with your move-in process. Please see the Graduate & Family Housing Office or your resident manager to check out equipment for up to 24 hours. Charges may incur if equipment is returned with damage.