- Design Honors Program, California State University / Long Beach.
- Art Director, Office of Charles and Ray Eames – 3 years.
- Founding Partner, Communication Arts, 1972 / multi-disciplinary design firm with 60+ designers. Thousands of projects across six continents and 600 cities – Madison Square Garden, NYC; O2 Dome, London; Berlin Live; Penn Center District, NY; Bugis Junction, Singapore; Tokyo Midtown; Staples Center, LA Live; Calgary Stampede; Pearl Street Mall; Star Trek The Motion Picture; Spyder Ski Wear; Vail Resorts mountain graphics; 29th Street Mall; GoBoulder RTD Hop, Skip, Jump, Leap, Bound bus graphics; Boulder Community Health graphics.
- Served on multiple boards including the Society for Experiential Graphic Design.
- Received the 1980 US Department of Housing and Urban Development award for Boulder’s Pedestrian Mall.
- Co-Founder of the Downtown Boulder Association – current board member – and co-founder of the Boulder Farmer’s Market.
My advice to students...
Cultivate curiosity. Always ask questions. Affirm what interests you. Earn trust by holding others’ interests equal to or greater than yours. Respect other cultures. Evolve, adapt, grow, embrace change. Emotion and passion are as important as intellect.
Learn a set of skills and master them by seeing how they apply to other fields. Nurture your curiosity and always keep learning, and develop communication skills to affect change and progress.
Work hard at understanding the principles found in Mother Nature and the sciences and how they connect to all life. Beauty, meaning and connection have always guided me to find elegant solutions that add richness to the human experience.