First Job After Graduation
Research Engineer at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Dr. Yunyang Ye graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Building Environment and Facilities Engineering from Tongji University, China in 2013. He then continued into his Master’s Degree in Power Engineering (HVAC) in Tongji University and graduated in March 2016. In his years at the university, he has published various journal papers and conference papers. He was also awarded second prize in the Energy Star Contest in 2012, third prize in China of the 5th National University Student Contest on Energy Saving and Emission Reduction in 2012, and third prize of the College Scholarship for the top 15% students in 2011. In addition, he received a Scholarship for Outstanding Students in 2012 and ASHRAE Travel Grant-in-aid award in 2019. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Architectural Engineering at University of Colorado Boulder in 2019. During his study at CU Boulder, he focused on large-scale building energy modeling, sensitivity analysis, building energy codes, and net zero energy community.
Large-scale building energy modeling, sensitivity analysis, building energy codes, and net zero energy community.
03/2019 - 09/2019: DOE - Building Energy Modeling - OpenStudio SDK Development and Management (joint project with Pacific Northwest National Laboratory)
05/2019 - 08/2019: DOE - Virtual Electric Power Board (EPB) (joint project with Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
- Yunyang Ye 2019. ASHRAE Grant-in-Aid Award. ASHRAE, $10,000. 2019.
- ASHRAE Student Travel Grant. ASHRAE University of Colorado Boulder Student Branch, $750. 2018.
- Outstanding Service Award. ASHRAE University of Miami Chapter. 2017
- Y., Ye, K. Hinkelman, Y. Lou, W. Zuo, G. Wang, G., J. Zhang 2021. "Evaluating the Energy Impact Potential of Energy Efficiency Measures for Retrofit Applications: A Case Study with US Medium Office Buildings." Building Simulation, pp. 1-17.
- Y. Ye, Y. Lou, W. Zuo, E. Franconi, G. Wang 2020. "How Do Electricity Pricing Programs Impact the Selection of Energy Efficiency Measures? - A Case Study with U.S. Medium Office Buildings." Energy and Buildings, 224, pp. 110267.
- Y. Ye, Y. Lou, M. Strong, S. Upadhyaya, W. Zuo, G. Wang 2020. "Development of New Baseline Models for U.S. Medium Office Buildings Based on Commercial Buildings Energy Consumption Survey Data." Science and Technology for the Built Environment, pp. 1-19.
- Y. Ye, K. Hinkelman, J. Zhang, W. Zuo, G. Wang 2019. “A Methodology to Create Prototypical Building Energy Models for Existing Buildings: A Case Study on U.S. Religious Worship Buildings.” Energy and Buildings, 194, pp. 351-365.
- S. Huang, Y. Ye, X. Han, W. Zuo, X. Zhang, L. Jiang 2019. “Performance Evaluation of Heating Tower Heat Pump Systems over the World.” Energy Conversion and Management, 186, pp. 500-515.
- Y. Ye, W. Zuo, G. Wang 2019. “A Comprehensive Review of Energy-Related Data for U.S. Commercial Buildings.” Energy and Buildings, 186, pp. 126-137.
- G. Zhou, Y. Ye, W. Zuo, X. Zhou, X. Xu 2018. “Fast and Efficient Prediction of Finned-Tube Heat Exchanger Performance Using Wet-Dry Transformation Method with Nominal Data.” Applied Thermal Engineering, 145, pp. 133-146.
- G. Zhou, Y. Ye, J. Wang, W. Zuo, Y. Fu, X. Zhou 2018. “Modeling Air-to-Air Plate-Fin Heat Exchanger Without Dehumidification.” Applied Thermal Engineering, 143, pp. 137-148.
Peer Reviewed Conference Papers:
- Y. Ye, K. Hinkelman, W. Zuo, G. Wang. “ASHRAE TRP-1771: Methodology to Evaluate Sensitive Levels of Inputs for US Commercial Building Models.” ASHRAE 2019 Annual Conference, June 22-26, Kansas City, MO.
- Q. Zhou, M. Wang, J. Ni, Y. Ye, W. Zuo 2018. "DdBB: A Data-driven Framework for Building Energy Use Benchmarking." 2018 IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation (ICIA) 2018 Aug 11 (pp. 716-721). IEEE.
- Y. Ye, G. Wang, W. Zuo, P. Yang, K. Joshi 2018. “Development of a Baseline Building Model of Auto Service and Repair Shop.” 2018 ASHRAE Building Performance Analysis Conference and SimBuild (BPACS 2018), pp. 573-580, September 26-28, Chicago, IL.
- Y. Ye, G. Wang, W. Zuo 2018. “Creation of a Prototype Building Model of College and University Building.” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Building Energy and Environment (COBEE2018), pp. 373-378, February 5-9, Melbourne, Australia.
- G. Zhou, Y. Ye, W. Zuo, X. Zhou 2018. “Modelling Air-To-Air Plate-Fin Heat Exchanger Without Condensation.” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Building Energy and Environment (COBEE2018), pp. 597-602, February 5-9, Melbourne, Australia.
- G. Zhou, Y. Ye, W. Zuo, X. Zhou 2017. “Modelling Water-Cooled Air Coolers Under Wet-Cooing Conditions. (in Chinese)” Chinese National Conference on HVAC Modeling, Guangzhou, China, December 6-8, 2017.