Does your child have symptoms of bipolar disorder?
We are looking for children, teens, and young adults (ages 9 to 21 years) who have moods that alternate between depression and periods of excessive energy and activity for this study. Participants will get a full diagnostic evaluation from a psychologist/psychiatrist team, along with recommendations for medical and psychological treatment. Those accepted into the study will be seen by a study-affiliated psychiatrist that specializes in mood disorders for up to 12 months. Participants will be compensated for their time in completing research interviews and questionnaires.
Main Procedures Involved: Study participation consists of:
- Diagnostic interviews and psychiatric evaluation
- 3 study visits over 12 months (telehealth available)
- Questionnaires about health, mood, functioning, and life events
- Online surveys to track moods and emotions • Collection of blood samples (optional)
Duration of Participation: All study procedures are completed over 12 months.
Eligibility: To qualify as a participant, you must:
- Be between 9 to 21 years of age
- Diagnosed with bipolar disorder (BD) I or II, otherwise specified BD (OSBD), or cyclothymic disorder*
- Have one parent/guardian available to complete assessments
* We will confirm these diagnoses prior to study participation.