When visiting the ISSS office for walk-in advising or document pick-up, please come prepared with your university ID number (student ID, employee ID, or Temp ID) as you will be asked to enter this in the check-in form.
- Students can locate their university ID in the Buff Portal by clicking on Profile in the upper right corner.
- Paid scholars can locate their employee ID on their paycheck (available in the myCUinfo Portal- Paychecks tile).
- Unpaid scholars can locate their Temp ID in the email they received prior to arrival regarding the immigration check-in process (subj- ISSS: J-1 Check-In Procedures).
While the check-in form allows you to enter your university email address instead of your university ID number, entering your university ID number ensures that ISSS accesses the correct client record. Entering an email address is less accurate.
- If you choose to enter a university email address instead of your university ID, this should be your firstname.lastname@example.org email address (not IdentiKey@colorado.edu).
Instructions for Accessing Your First.Last@Colorado.EDU Email Address
- If you are not a student or paid employee with a email@example.com email address, you must enter the personal email address you provided to CU Boulder when you first applied/sought visa sponsorship. This should be the email address at which you are receiving ISSS emails.