Published: Dec. 11, 2019

Has your U.S. address recently changed?

  • In order to maintain F-1 or J-1 visa status, the federal regulations require F-1 or J-1 student/scholars to report any address changes within 10 days of moving.

The address you report should be the address where you are actually living even if the address is a temporary address. Please do not use a P.O. box, a CU campus address or a friend’s address (unless you are staying with your friend). To comply with these regulatory requirements, please be sure you check Buff Portal and update your local mailing address if needed.

Please remember:

  • F1/J1 international = address in home country
  • Local address = local address in the U.S.

If you are currently on Optional Practical Training (OPT), please use the SEVP Portal to update your address and telephone number.

J-1 scholars please email ISSS with your new address.

If you have questions, please contact ISSS.

Learn How to Add/Update an Address