Outreach Forum and Early-Career Resources
The I-CAMP•12 summer school will be held in conjunction with an Outreach Forum, which will allow the researchers to share their experience and advances not only in research but also in conducting outreach and disseminating scientific knowledge. All outreach-related lectures will be completely open to public and advertized as such. The industrial partners will be asked to exhibit their products during the breaks and poster sessions. There will be no required registration fee to participate in the outreach and early-career parts of the I-CAMP•12 Summer School Program in order to promote participation by young scientists and general public.
Early Career Program Features
- Graduate students and postdocs are strongly encouraged to attend and present at the workshop.
- Up to 20 travel/participation fellowships are available to defray participation-related expenses of young scientists.
- We will strive to provide inexpensive housing for the junior scientists participating in the I-CAMP summer school.
- A special Career Development Program for early-career scientists is planned (including presentations on CV writing & job searching skills).
- Best Student Poster Presentations Prizes will be awarded.
- Students and postdocs at the organizing institutions in China and USA will be actively involved in organizing the summer school.
- We will hold three poster sessions (one per each week/topic of the school) & will strive to provide an ideal setting for interactions between senior & junior scientists.
- We strongly encourage the workshop participants to develop collaborations and take advantage of the ICAM-I2CAM exchange awards in order to pursue research projects related to the topics of the I-CAMP summer school.
SPIE Best Poster Presentation Awards
I-CAMP•12 organizers and invited speakers will select three or four recipients of the SPIE best poster presentation awards based on presentation of posters at the poster sessions of the I-CAMP•12 summer school. The awards are sponsored by the International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE) and will include certificates, cash prizes of $200 coming with each of the awards, as well as 25 Digital Library downloads and one-year complementary SPIE student memberships for each student winner. All students accepted to the I-CAMP•12 summer school are highly encouraged to participate in the poster sessions and in the Best Poster Presentation Award competition.