A scene from the Spring 2016 Honors Convocation in the UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom.
The Honors Convocation celebrates the achievements of students graduating with Latin honors. Undergraduates who have successfully written and defended an honors thesis are awarded the honors designations of cum laude, magna cum laude, or summa cum laude.
The Fall 2022 Honors Convocation ceremony and reception will be held on Thursday, December 15th from 9:30-11:30am in the University Memorial Center (UMC) room 235. Latin honors awardees will be contacted via email after November 11th with further details and to RSVP. We look forward to celebrating with you!
Things to know:
- Students will receive an honors medal and an empty diploma cover on stage. Students need to pick up their recognition certificate at the reception.
- We require students to wear a standard graduation gown, but no caps, to the ceremony.
- Accessibility: For accessibility accommodations, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss arrangements.
- Parking: The office of Parking and Transportation Services has a number of suggestions about event parking.
- Photography: GradImages photographs students during the ceremony and will contact students via email regarding photo purchases.
- Please note: If you are attending a spring Commencement ceremony at Folsom Field, the university enforces a clear bag policy.
- If you defended in a prior semester and you plan to participate in a future Convocation ceremony, please notify the Honors Program office of your plans by calling 303-492-6617 or emailing email@example.com at least four weeks prior to the ceremony date so that you don't miss out on registration and ceremony details.
- We do not release Honors medals before the Convocation occurs. To pick up your medal and certificate outside the ceremony:
- If you are unable to attend the spring ceremony, our reception is immediately after on the UMC Terrace and takes place from around 2:00 until 3:00 pm. We will have a table set up with the Honors certificates and medals, and you are welcome to come to our reception to pick them up. The Honors Program Office will also be open from 4-5 pm that day and then 8:00 am-5:00 pm on Friday (or any business day afterward). If you are unable to pick up your certificate and medal on the day of the ceremony and you let us know you're coming in advance, we'll have them ready and waiting for you. Please be aware we are not permitted to hand out medals and certificates before the end of the ceremony.
- If students are unable to attend the fall ceremony, our reception is immediately after in the UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom West, starting around 10:30am and ending at 11:30am. Students are welcome to pick up their Honors Certificates and Medals at the designated table, regardless of whether they participated in the ceremony. The Honors Program office will also be open from 1-5 pm that day. If you are unable to pick up your certificate and medal on the day of the ceremony, please contact us to arrange an alternate pickup date/time in the Honors Program office. Please be aware we are not permitted to hand out medals and certificates before the end of the ceremony.