A scene from the Spring 2016 Honors Convocation in the UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom.
The Honors Convocation celebrates the achievements of students graduating with Latin honors. Undergraduates who have successfully written and defended an honors thesis are awarded the honors designations of cum laude, magna cum laude, or summa cum laude.
The Fall 2017 Honors Convocation will be held on Thursday, December 21st at 9:00am in Duane Physics G1B20.
Things to know:
- Students will receive an honors medal and an empty diploma cover on stage, followed by a recognition certificate off-stage.
- We require students to wear regalia to the ceremony.
- Accessibility: For accessibility accommodations, email our Program Manager, Michael Shernick (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss arrangements.
- Parking: The office of Parking and Transportation Services has a number of suggestions about event parking.
- Photography: GradImages photographs students during the ceremony and will contact students via email regarding photo purchases.
- Please note: if you are attending a spring Commencement ceremony at Folsom Field, the university enforces a clear bag policy.