New Allergy Shot Patients
If you have never had an allergy shot before, you will need to have your first shot at your allergist's office after testing has been completed. Please note that Medical Services does not offer allergy testing.
If you'd like to receive allergy shots at Wardenburg Health Center, you must first schedule an initial appointment with a nurse before your first injection can be given by calling 303-492-5432. There is no charge for the initial visit. If pulmonary function testing is needed during this appointment, an $85 fee will be assessed for students who do not have the BuffCare or CU Gold SHIP.
What to Bring
For your first allergy visit, please bring the following or have them faxed to the Allergy Clinic:
- A copy of your initial and most recent medical evaluation for immunotherapy including the following:
- indications for immunotherapy
- documentation of persistent or intermittent asthma (if applicable)
- documentation of whether pre- and or post-PFs should be done
- other medical diagnoses (if applicable)
- A copy of skin test results
- A copy of allergy antigen prescription/recipe
- A copy of the patient's injection record, noting reactions
- The patient's immunotherapy schedule detailing the following:
- the starting immunotherapy dose/where we should start,
- the target maintenance dose,
- the immunotherapy build-up schedule,
- instructions for late injections during the build-up phase,
- instructions for late injections during the maintenance phase, and
- instructions for localized reactions
- A copy of the most recent PFT within the past three months if possible (if applicable)
- Each antigen vials must be clearly labeled with the following: patient name, contents, dilution, and expiration date
- A Request for Allergy Information letter is available for download to assist you with requesting these materials from your allergist. Please send vials and information to:
University of Colorado
Wardenburg Health Center Attn: Allergy Clinic
1900 Wardenburg Drive
Boulder, CO 80309
Please be aware that you will not receive a shot on the day of your initial visit.
If you are unable to refrigerate your vials, we will gladly refrigerate them for you. Vials may be dropped off at any time during regular business hours.
Continuing Allergy Shot Patients
If you have already completed your initial allergy appointment at Wardenburg, see below for appointment information.
If you have been away for the summer and will be continuing allergy shots, please remember to bring in your most recent shot records for your return visit along with your vials.
- Allergy patients new to Wardenburg: Call 303-492-5432 to schedule your initial appointment
- Continuing allergy shot patients can schedule appointments online through MyCUHealth
Please note: Due to the possibility of serious reactions from injections, all patients are required to wait 30 minutes after each shot to have their injection sites checked by a nurse. Patients who cannot stay 30 minutes will not be given injections.
For your initial appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out any necessary paperwork. Self check-in computers are located on the second floor. *Arriving more than 10 minutes late may result in your being rescheduled.
Appointments must be cancelled by 5PM the business day before your appointment by calling 303-492-5432.
Late cancellations and missed appointments will result in a $30 charge.