If you are planning an event, contact UMC Events Planning and Catering to reserve a room (it is helpful if you can be flexible with times). If you plan to order UMC catering, order as soon as you have a room reserved. UMC catering has been booking up quickly and we’ve been forced to use another vendor several times. See below for information on reserving outdoor spaces. Note: classrooms can’t be reserved for non-academic events before 5:00pm until thie third week of the semester.
If you are holding on-campus events that people not affiliated with CU will be attending, events in spaces with a capacity of 150+, or outdoor events on campus, you will need to fill out the event management form.
Reservations should be made as soon as you have event information, and no later than 10 business days before the event.
- If event is on the McKenna patio, you will first need permission from the Department of Spanish and Portuguese. Email Christine Ralson the following information:
- Name of event
- Date(s)/Time of event (allow time for set-up/take-down)
- Number of people that will attend
- Note that attendees will be on the lawn to the west of the patio (not underneath the patio)
- If applicable, note that catering will be in the hallway outside of MKNA 112 or on the lawn west of the patio (not underneath the patio)
- We want to ensure that events don't disrupt classes and staff in offices adjacent to the patio. Reoccuring events that are too disrupptive will need to be moved to another location.
- If you receive approval from Christine, forward that email to UMC Events Planning and Catering. In your email include name, date/time of event.
- UMC Events Planning and Catering will then send you a link to complete the Event Management Form (EMF). Your reservation will be confirmed if the patio is available and the EMF form is approved.I
- Food and drink for events can be placed on tables in the hallway outside MKNA 112. Post signs asking participants to be quiet while in this area, so classes in McKenna 112 aren't disturbed.
- folding chairs for outdoor events are outside of MKNA 116.
If you are holding an event in a space with a capacity of 150+ or outside (and not on McKenna patio), then email UMC Events Planning and Catering. In your email include name, date/time of event, and where you would like to hold event. UMC Events Planning and Catering will then send you a link to complete the Event Management Form (EMF). Your reservation will be confirmed if the space is available and the EMF form is approved.
CU Events and Activities Policy
Public Health Guidance for In-Person Events and Gatherings
Activities and Events Approval Guidance