Construction at CU Boulder
We recognize that construction activity on campus impacts the CU Boulder community as a whole. On this webpage, we strive to provide CU Boulder students, faculty, staff and visitors with timely updates on projects ongoing throughout the campus to help keep everyone informed about timelines, closures, safety and other impacts.
Here you will find information pages on major capital construction projects on campus, as well as a complete list of all construction projects in progress on campus.
Current construction hotspots on and near campus include:
- 19th Street Pedestrian Bridge: Construction on the new 19th Street Pedestrian Bridge is almost complete.
- Pedestrian underpasses: The city of Boulder is embarking soon on installation of a pair of new pedestrian/bike underpasses at busy locations near campus.
- Foothills Parkway Underpass: Project construction began in September 2019 and crews anticipate finishing construction in October 2020, with the underpass open to the public shortly thereafter. More information on the city's project webpage.
- 30th/Colorado Underpass: Work at the project site will now pause for a period of time. The City anticipates the project will be advertised for a construction bid in Fall/Winter 2020, with construction beginning in early 2021. Construction duration is estimated to be about 18 months, concluding in mid 2022. More information on the city's project webpage.
- Business-Engineering expansion: Construction is underway on a 74,000-square-foot renovation and addition that will physically connect the buildings housing the Leeds School of Business and College of Engineering and Applied Science.
- Imig Music Building expansion: Construction is underway on a 64,000-square-foot addition to the Imig building.
- The portion of Wardenburg Drive between the Imig Music Building and Wardenburg Health Center will remain closed this fall to accommodate the Imig project. A new primary access to Parking Lot 310 from 18th Street is now open to accommodate permit holders. Street closure/Lot 310 access map.