Construction at CU Boulder
We recognize that construction activity on campus impacts the CU Boulder community as a whole. On this webpage, we strive to provide CU Boulder students, faculty, staff and visitors with timely updates on projects ongoing throughout the campus to help keep everyone informed about timelines, closures, safety and other impacts.
Here you will find information pages on major capital construction projects on campus, as well as a complete list of all construction projects in progress on campus.
Current construction hotspots on and near campus include:
- Engineering Center North Wing renovation: Complete reconstruction of 55,477 GSF (35,000 assignable square feet) contained within two buildings in CU's Engineering Center (EC), which are the former Aerospace Wing (now North Wing) and the North Tower. More information and construction impacts can be found on the project webpage.
- 30th/Colorado Pedestrian Underpass: This project will provide a number of safety, access, mobility and drainage improvements at the intersection of 30th Street and Colorado, including the installation of a pair of pedestrian underpasses.
- Beginning March 1 and lasting for approximately 18 months, travelers can anticipate delays at the 30th Street and Colorado Avenue intersection as crews construct two new bicycle and pedestrian underpasses and install additional intersection safety enhancements.
- Traffic impacts will vary by phase of work but will generally require traffic on 30th Street and Colorado Avenue to be reduced to one lane of travel in each direction near the intersection with left-turning lanes remaining open. Vehicles are encouraged to seek alternative routes during this time.
- The Bound and Buff Bus transit routes will remain active during construction, but transit stop locations may be temporarily relocated for safe access. On-site signage will indicate relocated bus stops as well as detour routes for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- More information on the city's project webpage.