Construction at CU Boulder
We recognize that construction activity on campus impacts the CU Boulder community as a whole. On this webpage, we strive to provide CU Boulder students, faculty, staff and visitors with timely updates on projects ongoing throughout the campus to help keep everyone informed about timelines, closures, safety and other impacts.
Here you will find information pages on major capital construction projects on campus, as well as a complete list of all construction projects in progress on campus.
Current construction hotspots on and near campus include:
- University Memorial Center summer construction: A pair of summer construction projects will address renovations, equipment upgrades and deferred maintenance items. Both projects are slated for completion in August in time for the beginning of the fall semester.
- Equipment and mechanical upgrades for the dining operations require that most food service in the UMC is closed beginning May 10, 2019, including the Alferd Packer Grill, Starbucks, Celestial Seasonings Teahouse, Jamba Juice, Panda Express and Subway.
- Renovation of the south terrace, which includes upgrading ADA access, requires closure of the south terrace and its entrances to the UMC for the duration of the project, beginning May 18.
- Business-Engineering expansion: Construction is underway on a 74,000-square-foot renovation and addition that will physically connect the buildings housing the Leeds School of Business and College of Engineering and Applied Science.
- Imig Music Building expansion: Construction is underway on a 64,000-square-foot addition to the Imig building.
- The portion of Wardenburg Drive between the Imig Music Building and Wardenburg Health Center will remain closed through Summer 2020 to accommodate the Imig project. A new primary access to Parking Lot 310 from 18th Street is now open to accommodate permit holders. Street closure/Lot 310 access map.
- From June 10 to 28, 2019, truck traffic for structural steel deliveries to the Imig site may cause traffic delays along 18th Street and Colorado Avenue through campus.
- Ramaley Biology Building expansion: Construction is underway on a 29,500-square-foot addition to the Ramaley building.
- Aerospace engineering building: Construction is underway on the new aerospace engineering building on East Campus.
- Williams Village East residence hall: Construction is underway on a new 700-bed residence hall at Williams Village.
- CU Boulder is working with the city to explore the possible addition of a traffic signal at 35th and Baseline.
- Fleming tower renovation: Construction is underway on renovation of the upper floors of the Fleming Building's west tower.