Department: Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
Education: B.S. Chemical Engineering and B.S. Environmental Engineering (2009), M.S., Ph.D Civil Engineering (2013, 2014), University of Colorado Boulder
Teaching: Environmental Engineering Processes (CVEN/EVEN 4464), Special Topics: Analytical Methods in Environmental Engineering (CVEN 5834)
Office: SEEC S291B
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering and B.S. Environmental Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder (2009)
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder (2013)
- Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder (2014)
Honors and Distinctions:
- Early Career Editorial Advisory Board, Environmental Science and Technology (2020-present)
- Best Membrane Technology Paper in Journal of the American Water Works Association (2019)
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (2011)
- Outstanding Graduate for the College of Engineering at University of Colorado at Boulder (2009)
- Silver Medal Finalist from the Colorado Engineering Council (2009)
- Water treatment engineering
- Inorganic contaminant removal
- Internal corrosion control
- Online monitoring of natural and engineered processes
- Korak, J.A.; Flint, L.C.; Arias-Paić, M.S.; Decreasing waste brine volume from anion exchange with nanofiltration: implications for multiple treatment cycles. Environmental Science: Water Research and Technology, 2021, 7, 886-903.
- Arias-Paić, M.S.; Korak, J.A.; Forward Osmosis for Ion Exchange Waste Brine Management, 2020, Environmental Science and Technology Letters, 7,2,111-117.
- McKay, G.; Korak, J. A.; Rosario-Ortiz, F. L. Temperature dependence of the fluorescence of dissolved organic matter: Implications for DOM photophysics. Environmental Science and Technology, 2018, 52, 9022-9032.
- McKay, G.M.; Korak, J.A.; Erickson, P.R.; Latch, D.E.; McNeill, K.; Rosario-Ortiz, F.L. The case against charge transfer interactions in dissolved organic matter photophysics. Environmental Science and Technology, 2018, 52, 406-414.
- Korak, J.A.; Huggins, R; Arias-Paic, M. Regeneration of pilot-scale ion exchange columns for hexavalent chromium removal. Water Research, 2017, 118, 141-151.