Published: March 31, 2016

EVEN EventThe first Environmental Engineering and Water resources Networking Event was held March 15th 2016 at the DLC on CU campus: 13 companies and 115 students attended. Who could better describe this success than a student? Please find below Kelsey Bennett's experience: 

"I was very impressed with the networking event! Normally when I go to these events on campus, there may be at most 2 companies that somewhat relate to my career. However, at this event, my head was swirling from the amount of fantastic companies I would love to work for. It was great to be able to walk up to a company and not have to explain what Environmental Engineering is. The fact that they were there specifically for us (environmental engineers) was incredibly helpful and rewarding. 
I also appreciated that the companies didn't just send HR recruiters. It was great to talk with actual engineers and project managers to really understand what they do on a daily basis. It gave students great insight to the industry and the array of careers and positions you can pursue within the water realm. The experience helped me to really narrow down my job search as I understood the companies and positions better."

Kelsey BennettKelsey Bennett is a senior in environmental engineering, focusing on water resources and treatment. She is graduating in May 2016 and plans to pursue a career within the consulting industry. She is from Durham, North Carolina and was placed in the environmental engineering program as a fluke, but decided to stay after she realized how it aligned with her passions.

Click Here to see the pictures of the event