The Engineering Ambassador Program is an interdisciplinary recruitment, advising and mentoring program designed to connect with prospective students and students who are new to engineering.
The Engineering Ambassadors are knowledgeable, trained, and friendly fellow engineering students who connect peers to the support they need. Engineering Ambassadors are students assisting students with everything from deciding what major is right for them, getting involved with research, discovering student societies and organizations, engineering center tours, tips on talking with faculty, and much more!
Peer mentoring and advising programs are shown to promote persistence, provide opportunities that encourage academic success, and foster a sense of belonging. Engineering Ambassadors are here to help students thrive in the College of Engineering & Applied Science at CU-Boulder, as well as connect prospective students and families to the College.
The Engineering Ambassador Program strives to:
- Connect with prospective/admitted students to the College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Encourage successful academic and personal development
- Promote student involvement
- Enrich the connections among engineering students, the college and the CU-Boulder campus
How can I connect with an Engineering Ambassador?
During the academic year (when classes are in session and excluding university holidays and breaks), Ambassadors are available Monday through Friday from 9:00am - 4:00pm through:
- Online Live Chat: Available from any College of Engineering and Applied Science webpage (automatically pops up on the lower right side of the page).
- Email: Engineering.Advising@colorado.edu (available year-round).
- In-Person: You will find the Engineering Ambassadors at the information desk in the main lobby of the Engineering Center.