We believe strongly in equal access to quality education for all and are dedicated to making this a possibility for more and more students each year. Thanks to our generous supporters who share in this belief, we offer over 60 scholarships to help students achieve their dreams of becoming leaders in education.
Scholarship applications are open from October 1 through February 15
How to Apply?
Application instructions and step-by-step information is accessible through CU Boulder's scholarship app.
Current students already admitted to the School of Education can access the scholarship app directly through their MyCUInfo accounts.
Incoming first-year students (applying for Summer and Fall 2018) must first complete their admissions application to CU Boulder, as well as to the School of Education, before accessing the scholarship app. After submitting your application you will need to create a Student ID Number in order to recieve an IdentiKey. Your IdentiKey is what will give you access to the MyCUInfo portal, where you can access the Scholarship Application. Follow the steps below to complete this process.
If you have any questions or concerns along the way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step-by-Step for First-Years
- Submit a CU Boulder admissions application
- In order to access the scholarship application, students must submit an application for admission via either the common app or the transfer app. Apply to CU
- NOTE: You must declare the School of Education in your CU application in order to access School of Education scholarships.
- An automatic email will be sent to you two days after you submit your CU admissions application to with instructions on how to request access to the Scholarship App.
- Why two days? In order to access the scholarship app, you will need a Student ID Number (SID). This takes approximately two business days to generate and to be loaded into the scholarship app.
- Submit the "Scholarship Application Access Request" form
- Upon opening the form, you will be able to select “Yes” to request access to the CU Boulder Scholarship Application or “No” noting you do not wish to request access to the Scholarship Application.
- NOTE: If you accidentally select “No,” you can log back in to your status page and edit your form response.
- Upon submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email, which includes your SID. Within 5-15 minutes, you will receive another email from OIT (Office of Information Technology) with instructions on how to activate your IdentiKey.
- Log in to MyCUInfo and complete the Scholarship App
- After you successfully activate your IdentiKey, you will immediately be able to log in to MyCUInfo and access the Scholarship Application.
Important Dates for 2018-19 Scholarships
- Scholarship applications open: October 1
- Scholarship applications close: February 15
- Notification of scholarship offers: Early-mid April
- Scholarship acceptance deadline: April 24
- Scholarships posted to student financial aid account: July
- Scholarships are applied to student tuition bill: August
Financial Aid and Loan Forgiveness
All students are encouraged to apply for need-based financial aid.
The University of Colorado Boulder’s Office of Financial Aid website offers information about how to apply for financial aid and additional resources. To discover your eligibility, you can submit a free application on the Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website.
Teachers may also be eligible for loan forgiveness programs.
For more information about financial aid at the University of Colorado Boulder, visit the Office of Financial Aid website or email email@example.com.
For questions about scholarships contact 303-492-4533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org