Being a Peer Notetaker gives you an opportunity to gain additional volunteer service hours in addition to receiving a gift card for the CU Boulder Book Store. To register, please complete the Notetaker Registration Form via CU Google Forms. Please note that to complete this form, you will need to sign in with your CU Google account (@colorado.edu). If needed, you will hear back from Disability Services after you submit with next steps and an invitation to a CU Google Drive shared folder where you will post notes. After successfully providing notes throughout the semester, you will receive a CU Book Store gift card as a token of appreciation for your service.
Guidelines and Expectations
- Protect the confidentiality of all users in the CU Google Drive shared folder.
- Upload notes to the CU Google Drive shared folder within 12 hours of the course; Disability Services has a scanner available if needed.
- When agreeing to take notes, you agree to arrive at class on time and to take clear, complete notes throughout the period.
- Recruit a back-up notetaker in advance if you expect to miss class; you will need to upload the notes to the shared folder on their behalf.
- You do not need to provide services beyond taking notes. For instance, tutoring, advising, or counseling students is not recommended nor expected.
- If you have any questions or need further support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.