Students are permitted to apply course credit earned outside of the Museum and Field Studies Program to their degrees in certain circumstances. A maximum of 9 transfer credits can be applied to the M.S. degree requirements.

Within University of Colorado

  • Credit earned at another University of Colorado Campus
  • Credit earned as a Special Student at the University of Colorado Boulder

Students can petition the Museum and Field Studies Program to apply credit earned with the University of Colorado system but outside the program to their degrees.

Other Institutions

  • Credit earned at accredited non-University of Colorado institutions

After one semester as a graduate student, students can submit a completed "Request for Transfer of Credit" form (available from the Graduate School) to the Graduate School to transfer credits from other institutions.

For more information about transferring credit, contact