Work in facilitated groups of your peers.
A faculty learning community, or FLC, is a group of faculty engaging in facilitated activities and discussion around teaching and learning – with the goal of producing a product (such as an assessment, teacher guide, or classroom innovation). We facilitated 6 topical Scholars groups, each meeting biweekly for one semester. See our poster about Scholars.
The TRESTLE Scholars program has ended; below you can access information on past groups (including projects they worked on, materials created, and facilitator structures).
Past scholars groups
- Classroom assessment. (Spring 2019) How can we develop and use illuminating classroom assessments? Facilitated by Erin Furtak (School of Education) and Stephanie Chasteen (CSL).
- Aligning your curriculum. (Fall 2018 and Spring 2019) How can we align courses and goals for the major? TRESTLE-ASSETT Special Interest Group (SIG). Facilitated by Stephanie Chasteen (CSL) and Amanda McAndrew (ASSETT).
- View curricular alignment page (on CU ASSETT website, including handout about the process).
- View group report (including reflections, an outline of the process of curricular alignment.
- View position paper for CU Boulder on curricular alignment.
- View facilitator reflections (including group topics, readings, and discussions)
- Exploring course-based undergraduate research experiences. (Fall 2017) How can I design a course in which students begin to see themselves as scientists? Facilitated by Lisa Corwin (EBIO) and Pamela Harvey (MCDB).
- How can I help students take charge of their own learning? (Spring 2017) Developing metacognitive activities to develop students’ study and learning skills. Facilitated by Rebecca Ciancanelli (SASC).
- Designing and facilitating group-worthy activities. (Fall 2016) Facilitated by Jenny Knight (MCDB).
- Developing learning goals for the major in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences. (Spring 2016) Facilitated by Stephanie Chasteen (CSL).