- When you return, submit all travel-related documentation to a member of the finance team for expense report preparation. Documentation includes an approved Travel Authorization (if you haven't already provided this) and receipts for lodging, parking, transportation, etc. Submit all documentation with reimbursement form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If any meals were provided to you during travel, report this so that your per diem can be adjusted accordingly. If you paid for any meals on a travel card, your per diem will be reduced accordingly.
- If a third party is providing any financial support for the trip, communicate this to the finance team to adjust other expense items accordingly.
- If you are requesting mileage reimbursement, the standard reimbursement rate is $0.53 per mile (as of Jan. 1, 2022). If the nature of the trip and road conditions require the use of a four-wheel-drive vehicle, the 4WD rate is $0.56 per mile. For reimbursable miles driven January 1 - December 31, 2021, the standard reimbursement rate is $0.50/mile; the 4WD rate is $0.53/mile. Allowable miles are those driven in excess of the normal round-trip commute to primary work location, regardless of the type of transportation used for your normal commute. Learn how to calculate allowable miles.
- If you traveled internationally and paid out-of-pocket for expenses, the exchange rate is backdated to the date of the expense to determine the reimbursement amount. Use the currency converter to determine the reimbursement amount.
- Receipts are required for all single transaction expenses $75 or greater. The only exception is for official functions (meals with multiple people), which always require a receipt.
Why do travelers need to complete two Travel Approval Processes for international travel (Department Travel Approval Form and a Concur Travel request)?
In response to the coronavirus, the Procurement Service Center is requiring that all international travel must be approved prior to booking a trip using Concur. In addition, departmental authorization must be completed using the Travel Authorization form for all official university business travel and travel related expenses. The Travel Authorization form is utilized to record all estimated travel expenses and ensures there is budget allocated for travel (domestic & international). The Travel Authorization form also ensures that all pertinent travel information is documented prior to travel, such as business purpose and travel justification, which is required by project sponsors and the Department of Chemistry.
Should I select my HR Supervisor or Speedtype Approver when submitting a Concur Travel request?
- It is recommended the traveler select their HR supervisor for Concur approval, as the Speedtype approval will be satisfied through submitting the Travel Authorization form.
After I fill out the travel authorization form, will I get confirmation of some sort that it is approved and should I complete the Concur request then or at the same time as submitting the travel form?
Once approved, the traveler should receive a copy of the completed Travel Authorization form via email. Both the Travel Authorization form and the Concur request must be submitted and approved prior to traveling. The order in which the Travel Authorization form and the Concur request are submitted is inconsequential.
Should I book my flight and hotel through CBT or Concur if I have both options, and why?
- We highly recommend using Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) for your booking needs, as you will have the ability to contact a CBT agent if any issues should arise regarding your trip. Please note that booking through CBT includes a $20 processing fee, which will be assessed each time CBT services are utilized. See here for CBT contact information: https://www.cu.edu/psc/travel/christopherson-business-travel.
Do I have to sign the Travel Form before submitting email@example.com?
- The signature can be completed electronically via Adobe prior to submitting firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, the traveler can submit the from without a signature, and the signature will then be completed via a Docusign request from the CHEM Finance team.
More questions? Contact the finance team at email@example.com