IQ Biology is a Graduate Certificate program through CU Boulder's BioFrontiers Institute. The certificate is earned in concordance with a CU Boulder degree-granting PhD program of study with a partner academic department.
When you apply to an academic department through the CU Boulder Graduate School, you will be given the option to complete a supplemental application for IQ Biology.
Applications are open to incoming graduate students only.
Click here to watch a recording of our most recent information session.
Fall Application Deadline
The IQ Biology deadline is 10 PM (MST) on either December 1st or December 15th, dependent on your CU Boulder Department/Program of choice. At that time, your Department/Program application, including the IQ Biology supplemental questionnaire, must be submitted. See below for a complete list of deadlines for each Department/Program.
Departments/Programs Due November 15th
- Psychology and Neuroscience
Departments/Programs Due December 1st
- Applied Mathematics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering (International Students Only)
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Geological Sciences (International Students Only)
- Integrative Physiology
- Mechanical Engineering (International Students Only)
- Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
Departments/Programs Due December 15th
- Chemical and Biological Engineering (Domestic Students Only)
- Computer Science
- Geological Sciences (Domestic Students Only)
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Domestic Students Only)
Contact Us if you have questions!