Tribes and the Subsurface: Native American Perspectives on Natural Resource Developments in the American West
March 23, 2017
Colorado School of Mines
Student Center Ballrooms B&C
- To facilitate open dialogue between tribal members about the challenges and opportunities related to resource development on tribal lands.
- To discuss solutions to common development obstacles and strategies for inter-tribal partnership.
- To develop a more comprehensive understanding of the unique and changing circumstances affecting energy-producing tribes.
- To generate shared goals and objectives regarding tribal representation at the subsurface workshop at the University of Colorado, Center of the American West in May.
- To grow a network of tribal representatives who are committed to facilitating the next steps of this collaboration.
- To engage undergraduate and graduate students in issues related to natural resource development with tribes on tribal lands.