Original article can be found at Center for Western Priorities
Originally published on October 7, 2020 By Aaron Weiss
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Go West, Young Podcast is now The Landscape—still all about America’s public lands and the outdoors, but now without the play on words that referenced Manifest Destiny and America’s legacy of Native American genocide.
Rather than just re-name the podcast, we wanted to meet this moment in American history with a conversation about the history and legacy of Manifest Destiny and the westward expansion of the United States.
- Patty Limerick, Center of the American West, University of Colorado Boulder
- Philip Deloria, Harvard University
- William Perry Pendley joins a long list of Trump administration officials serving illegally
- Montana governor asks judge to block Pendley actions
- Trump admin: Pendley hasn’t actually done anything
Host/producer: Aaron Weiss
Music: Purple Planet
Photo: Emmanuel Leutze, “Westward the Course of Empire,” 1861