Hands-On Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Culture Training
The Stem Cell Research and Technology Resource Center offers hands-on training in the culture of human iPSCs. This includes a hands-on iPSC culture workshop that is suitable for those with prior experience in mammalian cell culture or no prior cell culture experience. The goal of the workshop is to quickly give you the skills and knowledge you need so that you can get started independently and confidently growing your own iPSCs and undertaking iPSC-based experiments. Topics include:
- Where to purchase human iPSCs and choosing lines
- Sterile technique, preventing contamination, and mycoplasma testing
- Basic undifferentiated maintenance of human iPSCs, including identification of differentiation
- Preparation of common feeder-free cell culture substrates: Matrigel/Geltrex and vitronectin
- Preparation of common human iPSC media: mTeSR1 and Essential 8 (E8) media (optional: DMEM/F12/GlutaMAX I)
- Passaging of human iPSCs (using non-enzymatic solutions and manual techniques)
- Cryopreservation and thawing of human iPSCs
- Differentiation, assessment of differentiated human iPSCs, and available kits
- Special topics: Preparing for publication, karyotype analysis, reprogramming methods, demonstrating cells to be iPSCs, gene-editing with CRISPR/Cas9, transfection options, 3D/organoid culture options, and more.
|Equipment/Service/person||Internal (CU) Rate/person||Non-Profit Rate/person||External Corporate Rate/person||Unit|
|Stem Cell Culture Training**||$80.00||$160.00||$240.00||Hour|
|Additional Training, Consultation, Writing/Editing, and Other Services||$80.00||$160.00||$240.00||Hour|
* The biosafety cabinet fee includes common cell culture plastics and other necessary supplies (6-, 12-, 24-, and 96-well tissue culture-treated plastic plates; T25 flasks; 2 mL aspirating serological pipets; 1 mL, 5 mL, 10 mL, 25 mL, and 50 mL serological pipets; 15 mL and 50 mL conical tubes; 1.5 mL microcentrifuge tubes; cryovials; 2 μL, 20 μL, 200 μL, and 1000 μL pipette tips; gloves; lab coat usage and cleaning service; Kimwipes; paper towels; pipet-aids and pipette sets [2 μL, 20 μL, 200 μL, and 1000 μL] for each biosafety cabinet; storage space at room temperature and in refrigerators and freezers [boxes provided]; access to -80C freezer storage space; common iPSC solutions [PBS, DMSO, sterile water, 0.5 mM EDTA, Dispase, DMEM/F12 media, Trypsin-EDTA]), as well as use of all Center-maintained equipment (except for fluorescence microscopes) and lab maintenance, including preparing 70% ethanol, autoclaving biohazardous waste and sterile water, ordering and exchanging of compressed gas tanks, Mycoplasma testing, pipette calibrations, biosafety cabinet certifications, and other cleaning and maintenance of equipment and lab space.
** The training fee includes all handouts, supplies and consumables (as detailed above), topical lectures, use of dedicated iPSC equipment, iPSCs to practice with, and the one-on-one hands-on training time itself.
For questions about training and user fees, please contact the Center.