ALTEC is seeking a student creative technology assistant. The creative technology assistant will typically work 8-10 hours per week between 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday. This position will have a hybrid of in person and remote duties.
- Support website updates and enhancements
- Contribute to the workflow of film streaming services for language faculty
- Support the launch of a virtual reality program
- Provide excellent customer service for HIVE guests, including:
- Assist patrons to check out resource materials; check & reshelve returned materials
- Fulfill room reservation requests and help with event setup
- Direct patrons to classroom and office locations
- Contribute to workflow of special projects as assigned
- Clear and professional oral and written communication
- Excellent computer skills
- Enthusiastic about learning new tech
- Detail oriented
- Extremely dependable
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Comfortable with using PC and Mac computers
- Access to a computer and reliable with
- Experience or interest in immersive technology, graphic design, app development or world languages preferred
This positiion is paid hourly at $15 per hour and is eligible for sick leave.
Please submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be reviewed when an opening becomes available.
- Résumé with applicable work experience
- In a separate document, please include:
- Name, email, and phone information of two professional references; briefly describe work done with each
- Nine-digit student ID number
- Year of study and expected graduation date
- Foreign language skills (degree of fluency in speaking/reading/writing) if applicable
- Spring, summer, and fall class schedule as known; note any days/times not available for shifts
- If you hold an additional job on campus, please indicate the number of hours you work (students cannot work more than 20 hours per week between all jobs)