Handshake is CU Boulder’s primary career management tool, offering students and alumni access to jobs, internships and a range of other services. It is also your best option for posting career-related campus events and job posting to reach CU Boulder students. Departments across campus can use this system free of charge.
Use Handshake to
- Complete this form to request a Handshake account.
- Once your account is created, we recommend you complete your profile, selecting majors that you work with on campus.
If you have any questions, please contact Career Services at 303-492-6541.
- Log in to Handshake.
- Start by clicking on “Jobs and Internships” on the left-hand navigation bar. You will be taken to the Job Postings page. From here, there are various options available to view available jobs and narrow your search. See below for more information.
- To search for jobs using keywords, use the search box at the top of the page. Enter a few keywords and click “Search.”
- You can then use the filters and create a saved search. If you are looking for a summer internship in a specific city, you can set these as filters in your search!
- To sort the job listings, use the drop down arrow next to the Sort by: Relevancy button on the top right-hand corner. Click on the arrow. Select the basis for your sorted job list from the options provided.
- Click on the drop down arrow just to the right of the criteria you’d like to filter. Options to select will appear. Select your options and click “Search” at the top of the page. You may select as many options as you need. Some criteria options (e.g. label, major, etc.) are specific to your school and input by Career Services.
- To save a custom search, simply select your filter options and perform your search. Click “Save These Filters.” Enter the name and description of your search and click “Save.” It will now appear under My Saved Filters. To view jobs based on one of your saved lists, click on that list from My Saved Filters. To learn more about saved searches read “How do I save a search?”
- You can also create a filter for “Favorited Jobs.” If you favorite a group of jobs, you can return to the list at any point by clicking “My Favorited Jobs.” From here, you can view your favorite jobs notifications.
You can search for interviews in Handshake a few different ways.
- Log in to Handshake.
- If you have applied to a job that is hosting an interview on campus and you would like to see if you have been selected for an interview you can select Interviews on the left-hand navigation bar. Here you can search for interviews that you have applied to.
- Next, you will need to review the timeline of the interview. If the interview is open for taking slots you can click Take Slot.
- If you need to choose a different time in the schedule you can choose:
- Request Swap: Request to swap time slots with another student. There is no guarantee that the student will accept this request to swap slots so make sure you keep an eye on your interview slot.
- Leave Slot: Remove your selection from the schedule. Until you pick a new time you will not be included in the interview schedule.
- Switch to Slot: Moves you to a new slot in the schedule, this option will only be available if there are open slots to switch to.
Note: If the schedule shows that the signup period has ended, the schedule will be locked and you will not be able to leave or make any other changes on your own. Please reach out to Career Services for assistance.
If you would like to browse for interviews coming up on campus you can select Interviews on the left navigation bar.
- Here you will see all interviews coming up on campus. You can filter by the options on the left side of the screen to find the interviews you are interested in.
- Click on the name of an interview schedule to view the details and directions to apply
- Click Apply in the top right
- Select the job you would like to apply for if you wish to be considered for this interview
- Once you have submitted your application for the job you will be taken back to the interview screen where you should see a confirmation message.
Note: If the interview is associated with a position you will be directed to the job application.
Be sure to read our student and alumni policies before you renege on a job offer or change your mind on a scheduled interview. Need advice? Make an appointment with one of our career counselors.