This information applies to employees using the tuition assistance benefit.
Visit Employee Services for complete step-by-step instructions, forms and deadlines.
Search for Classes
- CU Boulder Class Search
- CU Denver and Anschutz Medical Campus Catalogs
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs Courses
Note: Dependents of employees are only eligible to use the benefit at the employee’s campus of employment. Beginning Fall 2017, the Intercampus Dependent Tuition Benefit Pilot Program terms apply.
Nondegree students must term-activate in Buff Portal before registration each semester. You will not be able to term-activate until your nondegree application is processed and you have matriculated. You are encouraged to term-activate before the semester begins. Degree-seeking students will automatically be term-activated.
How to Term-Activate
- Log in to Buff Portal (buffportal.colorado.edu) using your IdentiKey.
- Open the main menu and search for term activation.
- Select the term activation card to view it and then follow the link.
- Complete the preregistration items, if needed.
- Open the main menu and click Term Information.
- Click Activate new term for enrollment.
- Select your nondegree program, then click Select this row.
- Click Continue.
- Select the term you'd like to register for and then click Continue.
- You are now term-activated. You will need to term-activate every semster as long as you are a nondegree students.
Employees using the benefit must register on the first day of their specific class, not before. For example, if the first day of your class is on a Monday, you register on that Monday. If the first day of your class is on a Tuesday, then you register on Tuesday. Class start dates are listed in the CU Boulder Class Search. If you register or are waitlisted before the first day of class (or if you register before, then drop and re-add on the first day of class), you will be assessed full tuition and fees. Courses must be listed on the Tuition Assistance Benefit Form and must be eligible for the benefit otherwise tuition assistance cannot be applied (faculty/staff only, does not apply to dependents).
Register for classes in the Buff Portal. You will need an IdentiKey in order to log in to the student portal. Call OIT at 303-735-HELP for assistance. If you have questions about the registration process, visit the Office of the Registrar.
Dependents seeking a degree can enroll in undergraduate or graduate courses (Option A under the pilot program starting Fall 2017) during their assigned enrollment appointment in the student portal. Nondegree dependents can enroll during open enrollment. See the Academic Calendar for exact dates and add/drop deadlines.
Starting Fall 2017, dependents using Option B of the benefit can only register for undergraduate, non-extended studies and credit-bearing classes.