Visit Employee Services for all instructions, forms and deadlines.
- Eligible employees can receive a waiver for up to a total of 9 credit hours of tuition (space-available basis) per year (fall through summer).
- There is still a cost for mandatory student fees and other educational costs may apply.
- Eligible CU Boulder employees using the tuition assistance benefit for themselves can register for CU Boulder Main Campus classes starting at 12:01 a.m. on the first day of the semester or the first meeting day of the class, whichever comes first. If you have questions about the registration process, visit Office of the Registrar.
- Employees can use the benefit on any CU campus (excluding Continuing Education courses).
- The tuition waiver benefit year runs fall term through summer term.
Employees have the option to transfer the benefit to a dependent. Both the employee and the dependent cannot use the benefit during the same year.
Dependents of CU Employees
Please visit Dependent Options on the Employee Service Tuition Assistance website for full details.
Option A – Employee’s Home Campus is CU Boulder or System Administration
- Dependents of CU Boulder and System Administration employees can receive a discount of 30 percent off of tuition (student share if the dependent is a Colorado resident undergraduate).
- Dependents use the benefit on the Boulder campus.
- There is still a cost for mandatory student fees, and other related educational costs may apply.
- Dependents seeking a degree can enroll full or part time during their assigned enrollment appointment in Buff Portal.
- Nondegree dependents taking Main Campus classes can enroll during open enrollment which starts the Friday before classes begin. See the Academic Calendar for exact dates.
- Other scholarships are available for dependents of CU Boulder employees, see Office of Financial Aid.
- The tuition waiver benefit year runs fall through summer.
Option B – Other Campus
- Dependents attend class at a CU campus other than the campus of employment.
- Eligible employees will receive $2,430 per academic year to apply toward dependent tuition, up to 9 credits (around $270 per credit hour).
- Dependents can register during the standard registration period.
- Dependents can only attend undergraduate, non-extended studies, credit-bearing courses.