Visit Employee Services for all instructions, forms and deadlines.
Tuition Assistance Benefit for Employees
- Eligible employees may receive a waiver for up to a total of 9 credit hours of tuition (space-available basis) each year.
- Employees who are already enrolled full time can use the benefit during the fall or spring semester.
- Mandatory student fees and other applicable education costs still apply. You will log in to Buff Portal to see your bill.
- Employees can use the benefit on any CU campus (excluding Continuing Education).
- Employees must reapply for the benefit every semester or term.
- Employees have the option to transfer the benefit to a dependent. Both the employee and the dependent cannot use the benefit during the same benefit year (fall through summer).
Please visit Tuition Assistance Benefit Highlights for Employees on the Employee Service Tuition Assistance website for more information.
Tuition Assistance Benefit for Dependents of CU Employees
Please visit Dependent Options on the Employee Service Tuition Assistance website for full details.
Option A – Employee’s Home Campus is CU Boulder or System Administration
- Dependents of CU Boulder and System Administration employees can receive a tuition discount of 30% percent each semester. If the dependent is a Colorado resident undergraduate, the discount applies to the student share of tuition after the College Opportunity Fund stipend has been applied.
- Dependents can take eligible undergraduate or graduate courses.
- Dependents can use the benefit on the Boulder campus.
- Mandatory student fees and other applicable education costs still apply.
- Dependents seeking a degree can enroll full or part time during their assigned enrollment appointment in Buff Portal.
- Nondegree dependents taking Main Campus classes can enroll during open enrollment which starts the Friday before classes begin. See the Academic Calendar for exact dates.
- Other scholarships are available for dependents of CU Boulder employees, see Office of Financial Aid.
- Employees need to reapply for the benefit for their dependent every semester or term.
Option B – Other Campus
- Dependents attend class at a CU campus other than the campus where the employee works.
- Eligible employees may receive $2,430 per academic year to apply toward dependent tuition, up to 9 credits (around $270 per credit hour).
- Dependents can register during the standard registration period.
- Dependents can only attend undergraduate, non-extended studies, credit-bearing courses.