Visit Employee Services for all instructions, forms and deadlines.
Tuition Assistance Benefit for Employees
- Eligible employees may receive a waiver for up to a total of 9 credit hours of tuition (space-available basis) per academic year (fall through summer).
- Employees are responsible to paying mandatory student fees and any other applicable education costs.
- Employees can use the benefit on any CU campus (excluding Continuing Education courses).
- The tuition waiver benefit year runs from fall through summer.
Please visit Tuition Assistance Benefit Highlights for Employees on the Employee Service Tuition Assistance website for more information.
Employees have the option to transfer the benefit to a dependent. Both the employee and the dependent cannot use the benefit during the same year.
Tuition Assistance Benefit for Dependents of CU Employees
Please visit Dependent Options on the Employee Service Tuition Assistance website for full details.
Option A – Employee’s Home Campus is CU Boulder or System Administration
- Dependents of CU Boulder and System Administration employees can receive a tuition discount of 30% percent each semester. If the dependent is a Colorado resident undergraduate, the discount applies to the student share of tuition after the College Opportunity Fund stipend has been applied.
- Dependents can take eligible undergraduate or graduate courses.
- Dependents use the benefit on the Boulder campus.
- There is still a cost for mandatory student fees, and other related educational costs may apply.
- Dependents seeking a degree can enroll full or part time during their assigned enrollment appointment in Buff Portal.
- Nondegree dependents taking Main Campus classes can enroll during open enrollment which starts the Friday before classes begin. See the Academic Calendar for exact dates.
- Other scholarships are available for dependents of CU Boulder employees, see Office of Financial Aid.
- The tuition waiver benefit year runs fall through summer.
Option B – Other Campus
- Dependents attend class at a CU campus other than the campus where the employee works.
- Eligible employees may receive $2,430 per academic year to apply toward dependent tuition, up to 9 credits (around $270 per credit hour).
- Dependents can register during the standard registration period.
- Dependents can only attend undergraduate, non-extended studies, credit-bearing courses.