The CU Green Labs Program uses a team approach to minimize the use of energy, water, material goods, and hazardous chemicals in CU-Boulder laboratories without compromising research integrity or safety.
- Involving individual laboratory members in identifying opportunities for efficiency in their laboratory and promoting efficient behavior among laboratory members
- Upgrading inefficient laboratory equipment and techniques
- Compelling labs to use lab space, fume hoods, and lab equipment resources efficiently and in a collaborative manner
- Developing means to reduce the large flow of lab materials into the waste stream
- Promoting green chemistry and chemical re-use where feasible
- Raising awareness about the large resource footprint of laboratories