Annika received a Bachelor of Science in computer science and applied computing technology from Colorado State University. Prior to joining CU Boulder in 2016, she spent five years in industry, where she worked on a variety of software and product development projects ranging from virtual desktop solutions to accelerated graphics processing technologies. Annika’s research interests include digital modeling and fabrication, mobile and wearable computing, and interaction design.
- Hooman Hedayati, Annika Muehlbradt, Daniel J. Szafir and Sean Andrist. 2020. REFORM: Recognizing F-formations for Social Robots. In Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2020). DOI: 10.1109/IROS45743.2020.9340708. (Las Vegas, Nevada–Oct. 25-29, 2020). pdf
- Vinitha Gadiraju, Annika Muehlbradt, and Shaun K. Kane. 2020. BrailleBlocks: Computational Braille Toys for Collaborative Learning. In Proceedings of the 2020 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI ’20). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 1–12. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3313831.3376295 (Honolulu, Hawaii (virtual) – April 25-30, 2020).
- Darren Guinness, Annika Muehlbradt, Daniel Szafir, and Shaun K. Kane. 2019. RoboGraphics: Dynamic Tactile Graphics Powered by Mobile Robots. In Proceedings of the 21st International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility (ASSETS '19). ACM, New York, NY, USA. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3308561.3353804 (Pittsburgh, PA - Oct. 28, 2019).
- Darren Guinness, Annika Muehlbradt, Daniel Szafir, and Shaun K. Kane. 2018. The Haptic Video Player: Using Mobile Robots to Create Tangible Video Annotations. In Proceedings of the 2018 ACM International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces (ISS '18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 203-211. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3279778.3279805 (Tokyo, Japan — Nov. 25 - 28, 2018).
- Annika Muehlbradt, Madhur Atreya, Darren Guinness, and Shaun K. Kane. 2018. Exploring the Design of Audio-Kinetic Graphics for Education. In Proceedings of the 20th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI '18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 455-463. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3242969.3243004 (Boulder, Colorado – October 16-20, 2018).
- Shaun K. Kane, Varsha Koushik, and Annika Muehlbradt. 2018. Bonk: accessible programming for accessible audio games. In Proceedings of the 17th ACM Conference on Interaction Design and Children (IDC '18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 132-142. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3202185.3202754 (Trondheim, Norway — June 19 - 22, 2018).