By providing a range of skills related to media production and design, the minor in Creative Technology and Design is a valuable addition to your undergraduate degree program at the University of Colorado Boulder. The CTD minor provides a broad multidisciplinary perspective that integrates technological skills with a critical, theoretical and historical understanding of technology, media and design.
- Prepare the next generation of artists, designers and media producers.
- Give students the necessary technical, theoretical and historical backgrounds to contribute to the development of new functionalities and aesthetics for computer media.
- Facilitate exploring the intersection of technology and other fields and disciplines.
- Produce active and critically aware producers of creative technology.
- Enable students to think critically and conceptually about creative technology.
- A minimum of 22 credit hours including the following courses:
- ATLS 1100, Design Foundations
- ATLS 1300, Computation Foundations (CSCI 1200, CSCI 1300 & INFO 1701 also accepted)
- ATLS 2000, The Meaning of Information Technology
- ATLS 2100, Image
- ATLS 2200, Web
- ATLS 2300, Text
- a 3-credit (or more) 3000 level or higher Focus Elective or Critical Perspectives in Technology Elective
Additional Course Details:
- ATLS 1100 and 1300 are prerequisites for ATLS 2100, 2200, 2300
- ATLS 2000 is a pre/co-requisite for ATLS 2100, 2200, 2300
Coursework used to satisfy the minor requirements must be taken for a grade; it cannot be taken pass/fail. A minimum of 15 credit hours must be taken on the Boulder campus.
Coursework not on the approved elective list (including coursework from another University of Colorado campus, another institution, Study Abroad, or Semester at Sea) must be approved by the ATLAS Curriculum Committee by submitting a Petition Form and uploading the course syllabus and other relevant supporting documentation. Substitution requests will not be considered if the student has already satisfied the requirement with an approved elective course.
See the CTD Advisor for more information