The Department of Art and Art History offers merit-based awards for undergraduate and graduate students that are made possible through the generosity of our donors. Typically, the funds associated with these awards defray tuition expenses and are posted to the student's bill. A faculty committee reviews the applications each spring semester and determines the number and amount of awards. Scholarships vary from $500 – $2,000.
Deadline: March 1
- Undergraduate students: Majors and minors in Art History or Arts Practices may apply
- Graduate students: MFA Arts Practices students only
- Students must be currently enrolled in spring Art and Art History courses
ART & ART HISTORY APPLICATION*
From the Buff Portal:
- Click on the three lines icon to the left of the “Buff Portal” logo
- Select the “Finances” drop-down menu
- On the “Scholarships” card select “APPLY FOR & MANAGE SCHOLARSHIPS”
- Complete the general scholarship application
- Complete the “Art & Art History Application”
*The Art & Art History Application should automatically match to all Art and Art History majors and minors. If you do not see the Art & Art History Application listed under the general application in the left margin contact email@example.com for further assistance.
Please reference the sample portfolio template here and include the following information for each image:
- Artist Name
- Description (optional)
The complete packet should look similar to this example.
How to create a single PDF
- Microsoft Word: Assemble your content into a single document. Click “File” > “Save As”, then select a location to save the file. In the “Save as type” drop-down menu select “PDF”, then click “Save”.
- Google Doc: Assemble your content into a single document. Click “File” > Download > PDF Document (.pdf)
Help & Contact Information
For questions about Art and Art History scholarships or help with your application contact firstname.lastname@example.org.