AUL was created in November 2014 to provide an on-site accessibility testing facility. It has since evolved into a unit with multiple reinforcing activities - our testing informs our training, knowledge management and research programs.
- provide the university with reliable information about the accessibility of web sites and software applications based upon systematic testing
- communicate to the campus about our work to improve the quality of our IT systems and through that improve the campus environment for the users of assistive technology.
The staff includes four full-time and part-time employees and several native assistive technology users - current or former students - who are testers. The core staff are:
- Mike Williamson - overall management, testing prioritization and validation, teaching and training program coordination
- Paula Vaughan - in-depth testing and reporting
- Amelia Dickerson - accessibility issues database (on-campus access only), accessibility consulting
- Kevin Darcy - qualitative and quantitative research program
The lab is located in Norlin Library N275B and can be contacted at email@example.com.