The event is delayed till Fall 2020 - we will be in touch once we select a new date and re-open registration - thank you for your interest and support!
About the event
The 2020 workshop is a full-day event designed to offer content creators, application developers, and service managers in the CU system a chance to come together to learn about available digital accessibility resources, learn new skills, meet new people, and participate in policy and strategy related discussions.
The workshop is organized by the Digital Accessibility Office with support from the Office of Information Technology, Office of Strategic Relations, and University Libraries. For all questions concerning the event, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar to the 2018 workshop, we are going to have 3-4 sessions in the morning, followed by a catered lunch and 1-2 more sessions in the early afternoon, and optional birds-of-feather sessions later in the day. We are still finalizing the program (let us know if you have a proposal of your own for a workshop session), but here's an early list of panels and sessions we plan to offer:
- The state of digital accessibility services on campus: An introductory overview of accessibility on campus.
- Looking back at 5 years of the digital accessibility office at CU Boulder: Retrospective panel led by Dan Jones, with Larry Levine, Marin Stanek, and Michelle Krech.
- .pdf .doc .ppt .xls: Accessible documents, resources and demos.
- Risks of "going rogue" and not using official supported web and LMS services: Accessibility, security, and branding.
- Accessibility and online education: MOOCs and other online education platforms.
- BoFs: "Birds of a Feather" breakout sessions.
This event is free and open to all individuals affiliated with CU Boulder, other CU campuses, and the CU system. We will provide hot beverages throughout the morning, and a catered lunch. Space is limited to 70 participatns. We will re-open registration once the campus returns to regular operations and we find a new date for the event.