Students Must Verify Enrollment with the VA
- Beginning with terms starting after December 17, 2021, students using their Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits at an Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) facility will be required to verify their enrollment at the end of each month.
- Failure to verify for two consecutive months will impact their Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is encouraging students to sign up for text message verification. After December 17, 2021, all impacted students with a US mobile phone number on file will receive an opt-in text as their next enrollment period approaches.
- Note: Students who do not have a US mobile phone number on file with VA will not be able to use text verification. They will be automatically enrolled into email verification.
- If you'd like to verify whether or not the VA has your cell phone number on file, please call them directly at 1-888-442-4551