There are certain requirements a student must meet in order to be eligible to work in a student job class. Read on for more information.

  • If you're looking to fill a position with a student employee, the first step is to post the job announcement with Student Employment.
  • Student Employment reviews and monitors the eligibility of all employees who are currently active in student job classes on HCM. Only current degree-seeking CU Boulder students qualify for student jobs either on main campus or through continuing education.

Work-Study Students:

  • During the academic year, undergraduates must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester in order to receive work-study and to work in a student job class. Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 4 credit hours in order to receive work-study, and at least 3 credit hours to work in a student job class.
  • During the summer, students must be enrolled in summer OR enrolled in the previous spring semester and upcoming fall semester in order to work in a student job class.
  • To work in a student job class during the summer, work-study student employees must have a current year FAFSA and upcoming academic year FAFSA on file with the Financial Aid Office AND demonstrate financial need by the start of summer term.

International & Other CU Campus Students:

  • Contact the Office of International Education  at 303-492-8057 regarding specific questions on immigration laws that must be followed to hire international students. They CANNOT have work-study or work more than 20 hours a week.
  • Students attending other CU campuses are eligible for hire on the Boulder Campus as long as they are enrolled in the number of credit hours specified above. They will, however, have to pay into the student retirement program if they are enrolled on one CU campus but working at another CU campus.