As you settle into life at CU, you’re probably discovering lots of new things to do. To help you decide where to start, we asked current Buffs on the CUBoulderLife Instagram account to tell us their favorite spots on campus and in Boulder. Check out their recommendations!
First thing you want to do
- A cartwheel on Folsom Field
- Meet new people!
- Attend football games
- Go to the planetarium
- Have a long talk with my friends I haven’t seen in over a year!
Tip for making friends
- Don’t be shy – It might be awkward at first but be willing to go out of your comfort zone
- Join clubs
- Try things until you find your people
- Be open to new experiences
- Say yes to everything!
Club to join
- Engineers without Borders
- Club Tennis
- CU Charge
- Best Buddies
You can find these and more student clubs and organizations through Buff Connect.
Favorite place to hang between classes
- Center for Community (C4C)
- Engineering Center
- Farrand Field
- Norlin quad
- The Hill
- University Memorial Center (UMC)
- The pond by the bridge near Old Main building
Take a look at the campus map to discover other places to hang with your friends!
Favorite study spot
- University Memorial Center (UMC) especially the third floor, fifth floor and the rooftop terrace
- Foolish Craig’s in Muenzinger Building
- Kittredge pond in a hammock
- Mindfulness room on the first floor of Norlin Library
- CASE Building
- Outside of Kittridge West
- Gemmill Library of Engineering, Mathematics and Physics (commonly known as the Math Library)
- William M. White Business Library in the Leeds building
Be sure to check out additional study spots around campus!
Most underrated campus dining location
- The Alley @ Farrand
- WeatherTech Cafe in the C4C
- Farrand Market
- The Bakery on the basement of C4C
- The Grotto in the Village Center
Don’t forget to check out the full list of dining centers and food markets around campus!
Best coffee shop
- The Bakery at the C4C (good coffee and snacks)
- Laughing Goat
- Trident in downtown Boulder
- Starbucks! There are three near campus: in the UMC, on The Hill and on the corner of Baseline and Broadway
It’s an exciting time to be at CU and there are plenty of other resources to get you started:
- Join a student organization or club
- Check out student events happening on campus
- Make a difference with CU Student Government
- Get involved with the Cultural Events Board
- Be part of the team through intramural or club sports
- Explore opportunities within fraternity and sorority life
- Meet other Buffs through the Center for Inclusion and Social Change
- Volunteer, intern or work on campus