Dear CU Boulder Staff,
Ten lives from our community were tragically lost to violence on March 22nd. We mourn this loss of life.
We remember and honor:
We also mourn the physical and emotional impacts this shooting has had on the surviving victims and their families.
The impacts of this violence extend beyond those who lost their lives that day. All of us in the CU, Boulder, and greater Front Range communities have been affected. While the lights and cameras from national and state media have largely moved on to other topics, the impacts to our community from the shooting persist and are still very real. We are each still grieving. Our community is still grieving. It’s going to take a long time to work through this grief. We acknowledge that this experience impacted each person in our community differently and all of us continue to process, connect, and act on ways to lean in together. Ask for help when you need it. Know that you have resources and a community here to support you as you process your feelings after the tragedy. Please continue to check-in with your colleagues. You matter on this campus; in a time when it feels challenging to take a break away from your day-to-day responsibilities, this is a reminder we have resources and a community of staff to support you at any time.
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (for faculty and staff)
- The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) can be reached at 303-492-3020. Provides free, confidential counseling for CU faculty and staff. Provides assistance to faculty and staff for personal or work-related concerns.
- Office of Victim Assistance (for students, faculty, and staff)
- The Office of Victim Assistance (OVA) provides free and confidential support, consultation, advocacy, information and short-term counseling services to students, graduate students, faculty and staff who have experienced a traumatic, disturbing or life-disruptive event. Call 303-492-8855 to connect with an OVA counselor or to receive after-hours phone support.
- Counseling and Psychiatric Services (for students)
Lastly, know that your Staff Council is always here for you and with you. We value each and every member of our staff. You have been pushed to work and perform in demanding ways this last year and we know it has not been easy. Let us know how we can support you now and in the future. Thank you for all your do for our campus and our community. Be well.
Chris Muldrow, Hannah Simonson, Dylan West
Co-Chairs, Boulder Campus Staff Council