Person unlocking smart phone

    If you are experiencing a crisis...

    You can access 24/7 support through a variety of resources.

    24/7 call support

    • Boulder Police Department: 911

    • Counseling & Psychiatric Services (CAPS): 303-492-2277

    • Colorado Crisis Services: 844-493-8255

    • Trevor Project (LGBTQ): 866-488-7386

    24/7 text support

    • Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741

    • Colorado Crisis Services: Text TALK to 38255

    24/7 in-person support

    • Mental Health Partners Walk-in Crisis Center: 3180 Airport Rd  Boulder, CO 80301

    • Boulder Community Health Hospital: 4747 Arapahoe Ave  Boulder, CO 80303

    If someone you know is experiencing a crisis...

    If your student has told you that they are in a crisis, you can request a welfare check. Welfare checks can be instituted by any police department if you are concerned about the health, safety or welfare of someone. Be prepared to give the person of concern's exact address (residence hall and room number if on campus) as well as the reason for concern.

    • On-campus welfare checks: call CUPD at 303-492-6666
    • Off-campus welfare checks: call Boulder Police at 303-441-3333

    Emergency Services Overview

    Emergency care is for concerns that are potentially life threatening. Contact emergency care services if you or someone you know are:

    • Having thoughts of suicide or are not sure how to keep self safe
    • Having thoughts of doing serious harm to someone and may act on them
    • Believe life is in danger
    • Hearing voices or seeing things that no one else hears or sees
    • Have just been discharged from a psychiatric hospital
    • Have recently been physically or sexually assaulted
    • Have recently experienced an overwhelming loss or trauma, such as the death of a family member
    • Believe alcohol or drug use is out of control
    • Believe eating/not eating is out of control
    • In a life-threatening situation (family, friend, etc.)