The geosciences SEI program has successfully completed.
- Provide faculty support in defining learning outcomes (including skills and attitudes).
- Assist faculty with technology and pedagogy that supports the effective use of "clickers" and other active engagement tools.
- Create new teaching and assessment materials (including clicker questions, in-class activities, interactive simulations, classroom demonstrations, homeworks, and exams).
- Conduct classroom observations of faculty-student interactions as well as student engagement and learning.
- Develop and validate conceptual and attitudinal surveys; use surveys to evaluate student learning.
- Conduct student interviews to assess student learning and student attitudes.
- Design and conduct geoscience education research on student interests, student conceptions and cognition, and learning with visualizations.