Now hiring for Summer 2022!
Science Discovery hires undergraduate Teaching Assistants (TAs) to work during our 10-week summer program and to assist with a variety of other programs throughout the academic year. Summer program TAs participate in a required training program designed to prepare them to support lead instructors in a variety of in-person and virtual K-8 camps and high school classes for the duration of the summer. Typically, summer programs take place in classrooms, laboratories and field sites throughout the CU Boulder campus and broader Boulder and Denver metro areas. In order to uphold COVID-19 safety precautions, most summer 2021 programs will be virtual.
Science Discovery TAs:
- Love science and enjoy making it fun for others
- Enjoy working with children of all ages
- Are majoring in a STEM or education field
- Are responsible, flexible and enjoy working with others
- Teaching Assistant positions offer approximately 20-40 hours per week.
- If hired, all Teaching Assistants (new and returning) must be available between May 23-August 5th, 2022.
- All Teaching Assistants are required to complete a mandatory (paid) in-person training during the week of May 23-27, 2022.
- Pay rate: $15 per hour
Looking for a shorter commitment during the summer? In addition to summer-long TAs, we recruit TAs to be involved with our 2-week summer STEM Academies for high school students. STEM Academy participants come from all over the world and reside in campus dorms while participating in the program during the month of July. TAs assist the STEM Academy program in running smoothly. Academy topics change slightly each summer, but typically include: aerospace and aeronautics, engineering, neuroscience, medical sciences and research, maker technologies, robotics and microbiology.
Questions? Contact Thia Munoz at firstname.lastname@example.org