Summer instructor hiring has concluded for the 2023 season.
K-12 summer camp and high school class instructors teach one or more weeks during the summer season, depending on their interests and availability. Instructors are typically STEM graduate students or pre-/in-service/retired teachers who are passionate about sharing their STEM expertise with others. Typically, instructors represent a wide range of disciplines - including biology, earth science, physics, chemistry, engineering, computer science, art and education.
Summer TA hiring has concluded for the 2023 season.
Science Discovery hires undergraduate Teaching Assistants (TAs) to work alongside instructors in the classroom and provide overall support to K-12 summer camps and high school classes. Ideal candidates:
- Love science and enjoy making it fun for others
- Enjoy working with children of all ages
- Are majoring in a STEM or education field
- Are responsible, flexible and see themselves as a leader and role model to others
STEM Core Volunteers
Science Discovery offers high school students and adults of all ages volunteer opportunities to assist with K-12 summer camps and high school classes. STEM Core volunteers gain valuable experience in:
- Classroom settings working with campers, junior counselors, teaching assistants, instructors and Science Discovery staff
- Developing interpersonal, time management and communication skills
- A work environment that encourages personal and professional growth
Build a Better Book (BBB) is pleased to offer high school students the opportunity to participate in an immersive engineering and design internship and research project focused on using Maker technologies to create accessible materials for blind or visually impaired clients.
Operations and Administrative Staff
CU Science Discovery has a little-known secret - operations and administrative support staff are the backbone of the summer program! As you can imagine, there are quite a few moving parts for any summer program, but a campus-based program provides challenges of a different type. Summer support staff serve in roles such as:
- Materials coordination and management
- Materials Team Member
- Medication administration and behavioral needs coordination
- Camp logistics coordination
Mentoring Opportunity for CU Researchers
CU Science Discovery is now accepting mentor applications for the summer 2023 STEM Research Experience! In this 4-week program, CU Boulder and CU Anschutz Medical Campus faculty and graduate students act as mentors to highly motivated high school students interested in gaining real world laboratory experience. Each mentor works with 2 students, guiding them through the fundamentals of the scientific research process.