Why It's Important
CU Boulder participates in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), a national initiative that allows us to deliver education (either online or through internships, practica or other placements) to students outside of Colorado. The agreement also provides students with an additional layer of consumer protection.
If you're located outside of Colorado and/or you won't be on campus while taking classes, it's important for us to know where you are so we can make sure you're getting equitable access to educational opportunities.
To learn more about how CU Boulder's participation in SARA, see our state authorization webpage.
How To Do It
To update your contact information:
- Log in to Buff Portal.
- Select your profile at the top right.
- Select "Account Settings," then "Profile and Privacy."
- On the contact information menu, select the type of information you want to update (e.g., addresses, phone numbers, emergency contacts).
- Follow the instructions on the page to add, edit or delete (if allowed) your information.
- To review or change a different type of information, use your browser's back button to return to the menu.
To learn more, see Update Your Contact Information.