Your academic record has been carefully reviewed following the posting of grades for the Spring 2023 semester. Unfortunately, your GPA doesn’t meet the required minimum GPA for your reinstatement option and this has resulted in academic dismissal.
For more information, view CU Boulder’s academic standing requirements.
What Happens on Academic Dismissal?
As a result of academic dismissal, your current Fall 2023 courses will be dropped. As a reminder, a registration hold related to your academic dismissal status has been placed on your record and your official transcript will show that you are on academic dismissal.
In addition, federal regulations require students to make satisfactory academic progress in a program of study to be eligible for financial aid. For additional information, see the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy webpage.
Your Next Steps
Review the following recommended next steps:
- Information about the options available for reinstatement after academic dismissal is forthcoming. You’ll receive another email when this information is available and CU Boulder’s academic standing requirements will also be updated accordingly.
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor or academic coach for continued support and engagement. Please feel free to also connect with a Continuing Education academic advisor (email@example.com).
- If applicable, you may view your financial aid status in Buff Portal.
- If you are an international student, contact the International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) Office for guidance.
- Log in to Buff Portal to view your holds for more information about your dismissal status.
If you have questions about any of your final grades, please contact your instructor(s) immediately.
Office of the Registrar | University of Colorado Boulder
303-492-6970 | firstname.lastname@example.org