Fall 2021 classes are posted in CU Boulder Class Search, which means it's time to start planning your schedule!
Get Ready to Register
Your assigned enrollment period begins at [time] on [date]. To make registration as easy as possible, complete these tasks now:
- Add your enrollment dates to your calendar.
- Work to resolve any registration holds by following the instructions in the hold's description.
- If you haven't already, schedule an advising appointment. If you're looking to improve your cumulative GPA, discuss whether you'd benefit from retaking a course for grade replacement.
- If eligible, reserve a seat in a course. Course reservation ends at 5 p.m. on Friday, April 2.
- Complete preregistration.
- Search for classes and add them to your shopping cart for faster registration. Learn more about how to search for classes.
Please note: At this time, each class's intended instruction mode is reflected in class search; however, classroom assignments and meeting times are subject to change through late May to accommodate in-person class options. We recommend reviewing your schedule again in late May and making any necessary adjustments before transfer student registration begins on June 1.
Register for Classes
Register as soon as your enrollment time begins for the best chance to get the classes, class times and/or instruction modes you want. For step-by-step instructions, see our registration pages.
Undergrads can continue to add, drop and swap classes through June 18, and grad students can do so through the start of fall classes.
Coming Back After Some Time Away?
Even if you're not taking classes this spring, you're still considered an active student if you've been gone for fewer than two semesters plus summer (undergrads), or if you took an official leave of absence (grad students).
- To take classes this fall, just follow the steps above to register.
- If you've decided you need additional time off, see our withdrawal page for your next steps.
If you have questions about registration, feel free to chat, email, call or visit us.
Office of the Registrar | University of Colorado Boulder
303-492-6970 | email@example.com