CU Boulder Policy for Professional International Travel
Before planning your experience abroad, familiarize yourself with the International Travel and Programs Policy for CU Boulder that was approved by the Provost. This policy applies to the following types of international travel and programs:
- International travel by faculty/staff accompanying students on a CU Boulder-sponsored, CU Boulder-affiliated, or related to a CU Boulder activity/program.
- Study abroad programs, international internships, research, volunteering, service learning, independent study done abroad, or international travel that is part of a class.
- International travel by students sponsored by or affiliated with CU Boulder or by CU Boulder student organizations, both affiliated and independent student organizations registered with Center for Student Involvement.
Opportunities abroad - with students
- Propose and lead a short-term Global Seminar abroad
- Propose and lead a Global Intensive abroad
- Take students abroad on for a non-credit-bearing experience (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-492-7741)
- Take students abroad on any kind of credit-bearing program (Contact email@example.com or 303-492-7741)
Opportunities abroad - without students
- Apply for a Fulbright Grant for U.S. Scholars
- Develop a faculty exchange
- Teach abroad at a location where CU Boulder has international linkages (e.g., Semester at Sea or other CU-approved education abroad programs). For more information, contact the Office of International Education: 303-492-6016.
- Attend an international faculty development seminar (listed alphabetically):