The MCDB Mentors are a group of undergraduate students who have been through several MCDB courses and can offer advice to underclassmen. Their primary goal is to encourage and facilitate communication and interaction between students and faculty. They sponsor a number of useful events throughout the year, including faculty talks, a career panel, MCDB Boot Camp and a Been There Done That panel. The Mentors purchased one of the picnic tables that is now in the Muenzinger/Porter courtyard. They also refurbished the Learning Lounge in the basement; which is has wireless connections, couches, a microwave and a fridge.
Why join the MCDB Mentors?
There are many reasons to join the MCDB Mentors!
- You have an insatiable curiosity for all things molecular biology.
- You want to meet like-minded students and faculty.
- You could use some assistance with your biology-related coursework.
- You would like to share your experience in the MCDB program.
- You want to be a part of the fun and educational events that we organize.
- You want to discuss amazing research with eager colleagues.
We always welcome newcomers, so feel free to drop in on one of our meetings.
How to get involved with the MCDB Mentors:
We hold an informal meeting once a month. Please contact Dr. Guild or one of the Mentors for information regarding the next meeting.